Our Solutions and Services
Light APPs Suite is a suite of application software developed to cater for diverse needs of institutions operating in various environments. Light APPs Suite consists of the following set of integrated modules:
- Light Financials (Account Receivables, Accounts Payables, General Ledger)
- Light Human Resources Management (Core HR, Payroll)
- Light Supply Chain (Inventory, Purchasing)
- Light SACCO (BOSA, FOSA)
- Light Insurance Processing Suite (LIPS) with the following systems
- Light General Business
- Light Individual Life
- Light Group Life and Pensions
- Light Medical
General Features of the Light APPs Suite
- Platform independence: Can run on UNIX, Linux or Windows Operating systems
- Web Enabled
- Users connect to the system in a website fashion, making it easy to deploy on WAN or Internet
- Centralized Setups
The Masters (Set Up) maintains:
- General information about the company, addresses, branches, departments, cost centers, logo
- Currency exchange rate maintenance
- Predefined database of all banks and respective branches approved by Bankers Association
- Details of service providers (Institutions) and their sub account codes linked to E-Financials
- System User credentials, access levels and approval limits
- Multicurrency, Multi Company, Multi Branch
- Accepts the setup of other foreign currencies and the maintenance of exchange rates from time to time. All monetary transactions maintain both local and foreign currency fields.
- Can be centrally installed to maintain data for more than one company at a time.
- Users in different branches can access, create and maintain records, and print reports pertaining to their branches.
- Access to particular menus, screens, branches, and roles is controlled by access rights granted to User groups. A separate controlled menu exists for online self service by members of staff.
- Keeps audit trail of transactions raised and modified by Users on different dates
- Backup and Restoration Utilities
- Superior, affordable tools:
- System designed using Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Database, PHP, MySQL tools
- Where client’s data is not so massive, the system comes with a free database (Oracle 10g express)
- Integration and Data Interchange:
- Data sharing is enhanced amongst the various systems. Data is entered only once, concurrently updating other relevant modules.
- Supports export and import of data with various common applications like Ms Word & Excel.
Features of Light SACCO
- Products: Maintenance of different share types
- Members: Registration, Activation and deactivation of accounts, Creation and Maintenance of Member Subsidiary Ledger Accounts in Light E-Financials. Maintenance of Member share Contribution types and Loan types
- Withdrawals: Member withdrawal and Refund Management
- Loans: Set up of Loan Types and Interest Types and percentages, Member Loan Application, specification of collaterals and Guarantors, Authorization and Disbursement, Generation and Maintenance of Loan Repayment Schedule.
- Repayments: Generation of Deduction advice to employers, capturing of Member Share Contribution and Loan Repayments, posting to various Accounts in the GL and Subsidiaries
- Reports: Member Share Contribution Statements, Loan Repayment Statements, and various analytical and accounting reports
- Seamless integration to Light Apps Suite